This version adopted by the Board Winter 2010-11
Next review due on or before Winter 2013-14
We aim to keep the information we hold relevant and fit for purpose.
In line with our purpose ‘to advance the education of the public’ as stated in our Memorandum of Association, we will publish suitably-reviewed information we have that is relevant to our mission where it is both practical and legal so to do.
We are also keen to ensure anyone with an interest in our mission can find out about our policies, ways of getting involved and what we are doing and will therefore publish relevant documentation.
To implement our policy we will
- Obey all laws concerning the dissemination of information, in particular the UK’s Data Protection Act
- State openly our attitude and practices as regards data related to a person
- Regularly review the information that we hold and/or publish to check its currency, accuracy and legality
- Publish information via our website or other electronic, publicly and widely accessible means
- Keep our information securely
- Treat sympathetically requests for information in other formats, subject to the practicality (including cost) of such provision